Help Center
Table of Contents
< All Topics

How do I know if my country has a tax treaty with the United States that allows me to claim a lower rate of withholding?

You may claim a reduced rate of withholding as a resident of a foreign country with which the United States has an income tax treaty. You may check the Tax Treaty Tables within Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Publication 515 (see the helpful links below), “Withholding of Tax on Nonresident Aliens and Foreign Entities”, under “Copyrights” for your country’s tax treaty rate. Submit Form W-8BEN when requested by Bennett Media & Marketing whether you are claiming a reduced rate of withholding.

Shopping Cart